1. Bugfix for LeelaZero analysis
2. Toolbox movable and tooltip message
3. Selection marks now appear yellow
4. Fix undo problem when play against AI
5. Chat dialog box resizable
6. Change default board color
7. Other bug fixes
10.0.0(Non-Setup) 2.13 MB
1. Support LeelaZero for analysis/review
2. Put some editing toolbar buttons into a toolbox,
simplifing the interface.
3. Change default board color
4. Minor improvements and bug fixes
So easy, with
LeelaZero for analysis and review, Pro's game no long
9.5.3(Non-Setup) 2.13 MB
1. Online game
2. TsumeGo solver is free now
3. More problems or data are free now
4. Theme support
5. Improvements for score estimator
6. Leela/Leela Zero support
on 9.x, XuanXuanGo is basically a freeware. All its featured
functions, such as TsumeGo solver, score estimator, are free
If you could help
the author translate the program into your native language,
|Initial release: 2018/07/01
The major improvement of this version is new stone
drawing method, the stones and marks look smoother. Print
function is also a prominent new feature. Following are
1. New stone drawing method and new board available (From
menu "View | Select Board" )
2. Print function
3. Score estimator improvements, recognizing more profound
weak stones than ever
4. Multi-encoding support
5. Left/Right, Ctrl+Left/Right, Ctrl+Up/Down, Ctrl+Home/End
key to navigate in games
6. No prompting registration when quit for non-registered
7. Fix the bugs found in the past two and a half years
About the print function
print mode "Move # Range" to print multiple diagrams for one
2. Normally, the range is 1-N, if set to 0-N, the initial
board status will be printed as a diagram
3. The smaller diagram size, the more diagram will be
printed on a page
4. Two diagram modes, one enables the user to print a
diagram at any move
5. To set diagram mark on a move, first turn off "read-only"
mode, then right-click on a node in the game tree and choose
"Toggle Diagram Mark" or press Ctrl-D
Use "Print Preview" before printing
Diagram at any move
Print 24 Go problems on one page
Diagram at move54、162、234
||Use "Clear board" and print
each move on a diagram
1. New method of drawing current move's stone
2. Solved some Windows7 compatibility issues
3. Minor improvements
4. Bug fixes
5. Included games commented by Mr Alexandr Dinerchtein, with
Please download the update
version if 7.x has already been installed.
XuanXuanGo has been
authenticated by 2 main software security companies in
China. If your security software misreport problems, please
ignore them. The author promise that XuanXuanGo is
1 Significant improvements of score estimator. Now
XuanXuanGo can recognize "Semedori", or "forced capture".
New version can also recognize weak points. All red-marked
points in following figure can only be recognized by
XuanXuanGo 7.6, these points cannot form territory and must
be fixed. If the board status is as following, after you
press "Score Estimator" button, for some reason, the left 4
white stones are not judged as dead, but XuanXuanGo let user
manually change the stone's status, so you just need to
click the 4 white stones to mark them as dead. These 4
stones are causing "Semedori"
2. Better color mode for entire program, it looks better
3. Added Ctrl-Up/Ctrl-Down short-cut key to go prev/next
step while reading a game record
4. IGS: added friend functions
5. IGS: added viewing of saved games, it's useful if you
lose network connection while playing a game and reconnect
6. IGS: add sending and viewing offline messages
7. Auto check if update available on official XuanXuanGo
8. Bug fixes, the program is more stable
About IGS' friend function
If you play games on IGS for a period of time,
you may interest in some players on it. You can add them as
friend(or put them in black list, too). The server will
notify you when they logon or play games. You don't need to
be agreed by the players you want to add as friends.
I think no new functions need to be add for IGS after
1. Minor improvements
2. Bug fixes
1. Added for IGS, under command mode, use "stats <player name>" to query player info, including players that are offline
2. Added for IGS, the user can query his/her info in Settings dialog, showing how many game should win or lose to upgrade or degrade
3. Added for IGS, the Recent Results dialog box shows how many games won or lost
4. Bug fixes and many minor improvements
1. Added connecting to PandaNet(IGS) to play or observe Go
games, click here
2. UI improvements:
a. Improved the stone drawing method, stones draw fast and
b. Added Mouse cursor shows the color of next move
c. Added Ctrl-Tab/Shift-Ctrl-Tab switch among game tabs
d. Added Dragging game tabs to change their position
e. Added toolbar button for forward/backward 8 moves
f. Added show coordination of 'I'
g. Improved game tree
h. Added supporting white komi, which is very common on IGS
i. Improved joseki interface: random move in joseki file
enters into trial mode
3. New sound mechanism provides better sound effects for web
4. Many minor improvements, optimizations and bug-fixes.
1. Added score estimating,
which includes 3 main features:
a. Stones can be played under estimating mode to make the
result more accurate
b. Clicking stones can change their life-and-death status
c. The enclosed points where can not form final territory or
need to be filled with stones are shown as
red. So for an ended game, estimated
result is usually the game result! as shown in following
Go to here for detailed
2. Added getting the board status from other program's
window or image in Clipboard
Sometimes, you may want to get the board status in other
program window to do score estimating or analyze
life-and-death problem in it. XuanXuanGo now possesses such
ability. In order to demonstrate the function, I prepared a
picture in which a life-and-death problem (black to play
first) is embedded, as following, when you see the entire
problem in web browser, switch to XuanXuanGo, press Ctrl ken
then click on XuanXuanGo's board area and drag the mouse
cursor upon the web browser and release, the problem will be
imported into XuanXuanGo instantly. If you are using the
version that can solve life-and-death
problem, just press the "Solve" button to get the
solution of the problem, the total time costs less than 1
Go to here for
3. Added dragging mouse cursor when marking up board or
4. Greatly enhanced the game tree:
a Different color for current path
b Support dragging of the tree
c Double-clicking the tree node to open "Move properties
d Right-clicking on the tree nodes or blank area to popup
e Branches can be shift up and down
f The tree nodes with bookmark or solution property are in
g Improved the drawing method so that it looks better
5. Added exporting the board image to Windows Clipboard so
that it can be edited in other image processor, such as
6. Added black and white board and stones, it's mainly for
7. Improved the display of board and stones when in counting
8. Improved board drawing method
9. The move position can be changed in "Move properties
10. Hundreds of minor improvements, optimizations and
1. Added a main UI element: game tree
2. Added Recent files history dialog box to reopen files
3. Added "Game" menu, it's easier to switch among games
4. Added "Game list" dialog box, to manage opened games
5. Added "Named Node List" dialog box to go to named node
6. Added a new file type "life
and death games"
7. Upgrade the XGF file format to 2.0, so that the internal
name can be much longer.
8. Keeps more detailed program status information when quit,
including the layout of the program window.
9. Support multiple child move at the same place. Hold ALT
key before clicking a place where there are already child
10. Scores bug fixes
11. The main reason for upgrading
the version No. to 5.x is: XuanXuanGo can
solve life-and-death problems by it
For registered users, please download the update!
1. Move numbers are automatically shown when the move's
comment refers to certain move number.
2. Added a move property that can disable above
auto-move-number-display for certain move
3. Added "Trial Move" for Lift-And-Death panel
4. The "Open" toolbar button now can drop down a menu
listing recently opened files
5. Moved "String" marks adding command to the drop-down
toolbar button's menu
6. The search command will search both comments and move
7. Add a toolbar button to set the move number to 1 for
current move, this is a shortcut to do tha same in "Move
Properties" dialog box
8. In "Move Properties" dialog box, the move name field can
now drop down a list to re-use recent names
9. Lets the users add a new move at where there is
already a child move by holding ALT key
10. Bug fixes
New features or improvements in XuanXuanGo 4.0
1. Re-designed the drawing method for stones. It's now
pretty good when drawing big stones.
2. Several build-in or user-defined board textures are
available for users to choose a favorite one.
3. Improved the game tab area.
4. The icons of toolbar buttons will show in corresponding
5. Put some toolbar buttons into dropdown-style buttons to
save toolbar space for the future versions.
6. Customizable toolbar.
1. Optimized starting process so that the program will start
faster. The program window will restore to the size and
position when it quits last time.
2. Added "Open Containing Folder" for game files.
3. When double-click game files in a Windows folder, instead
of firing up a new instance of the program, the running
instance will open the files.
4. For life-and-death editing, 'Pass' moves are used as
wildcard moves for unexpected move. In the old version, only
one move after 'Pass' move will be used to response, while
in new version, the program will use unlimited number of moves after
'Pass' move to response.
5. Removed bugs found.
Game reading and editing enhancements:
1. Added 2 move properties:
a. Hide previous move numbers with exception. Let's assume
that you are at move 30, if you set "Hide previous move" for
it in the Move Properties dialog, move number 1 - 29 will
not be shown; if you set the hiding exception as 2, only
move number 1 - 27 will be hidden. Hiding previous move
number will enhance the game's readability.
b. Show coordination for a certain move. When we navigate to
the move, the game coordination will be shown, no matter if
"Show Coordination" global option is opened or not.
2. Added 3 global options
a. Show Move Number for newly opened game files.
b. Show Coordination for newly opened game files.
c. Wrap Search option.
Release for the first time.
||The sample file provided by SGF maker. The
file contains two games.
|GNU-Go Engines (1.07M)
||GNU Go is a third party Go game engine
protected by GNU GPL License. XuanXuanGo includes the
version 3.74 for your convenience. If you want to try other
versions of the engine(3.60, 3.73), you can download the
package and use any one of them when you play Go against